Friday, January 9, 2009

Cleaning Mirrors

My son has never learned the art of cleaning mirrors. He is responsible for keeping the downstairs bathroom clean. Needless to say even when he does a perfect job of cleaning the bathroom the mirror does not appear to have been touched at all.
Well my darling 4 year-old has decided to help her brother out. (It took me a few days to catch on) Every day while the rest of us are occupied with school work.....
She quietly goes into the the bathroom and very studiously gets to work. First she wets some toilet paper. Then she soaps done the mirror with the toilet paper and bar soap.
My 4 year old is very good about "keeping house". This is the game that she plays most of the day. Usually it takes the form of wetting a clothe and wiping down anything and everything in sight. This works out nicely. She's occupied and staying out of trouble and occasionally the walls get "washed down".
Now about that toilet paper and bar soap. I'm not sure how she has mastered it, but she has. When she is done there is a perfect layer of soap over the entire mirror. Which mom has to wash off in order to use the mirror.
Needless to say the mirror is cleaned each and every day she "helps" her brother.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is so cute! What a good helper you have =D.

michelle said...

Well our bathroom mirrors don't get cleaned very good by MacKenzie but I don't think I want Melodys help .thanks.

Jackie said...

That is too funny I can just see one of mu little ones doing that.

Sis. Frankie said...

I love it!! That is so precious. I bet you laugh everytime you clean the mirror!!

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
meNmykids said...

Don't discourage her!!! Give her a nice thin rag to use every day? Around our house most everyone hates to help clean house. I'm the mean mom and make them anyway. 4 year olds haven't yet learned that it isn't cool.

Sylvia said...

That is so cute! If you can keep her directed she will be a lot of help in a few years.

Sis. Lori P. said...

What a darling!