Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tea Please

A friend sent this to my husbands email. I thought it was funny.

One day my mother was out and my dad was in charge of me. I was maybe 2 1/2 years old and had just recovered from an accident. Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a get-well gift and it was one of my favorite toys.
Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought Daddy a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my Mom came home.
My Dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!' My Mom waited, and sure enough, here I come down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy and she watches him drink it up.
Then she says, 'Did it ever occur to you that the only place that baby can reach to get water is the toilet?'

17 comments:

Cherrie said...

That is too funny.

michelle said...

Oh ,I love that one and to think it really happened to your dad.

Marisela said...

Thats funny, however my 2 year old is a climber and he can get water from the sink. but if he was getting me a glass of "tea" it would probably come from the toilet :)

Sis. Lori P. said...

Thanks for the giggle this morning! I needed it ;+) And thank you for the nice comment on my blog...can't wait to meet you on Monday...

Jules said...

LOL, I saw this the other day and was ROLLING! It is HILARIOUS!!!!!

Chantel H said...

Icky! That is very funny! Kids are so cute.

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

Michelle-this was an email that a friend sent my husband. It was so funny espeacially since I could see a dad doing that for his daughter. And as most guys don't think about the little details.
Marisela-my kids would definately find a way to get into the sink or flood the bathtub LOL

meNmykids said...

I had to read that to James. To funny.

Barbara Reed said...

That is the funniest story. It made me laugh when I really needed a good laugh. I have a bunch of climbers and my youngest(3) has now figured out a spoon opens soda cans just fine, so my tea is usually soda. Hot with no ice. icckk but not as icky as toilet water he he.

Tish said...

That was really funny! I can just picture something like that happening! Thanks for the good humor!

Skylene said...

That's a good one!

marykathryn said...

Now that is funny...But so a Daddy to fall for that one, us Mommies would be looking for the water source for sure..hehe

Chantel H said...

Hi there,
I left a post about internet safety and Trina and I got to talking about whether or not you wanted your first name mentioned on our sidebars. We noticed that it wasn't mentioned on your blog and so want to respect your wishes of privacy. Would you like to have your first name removed from our sidebars?

Skylene said...

Hi Wenona,
I just switched my blog to private and wondered if you would like an invitation. If you would e-mail me at oceanliner@cox.net Thanks!

meNmykids said...

I'm setting my blog to private, please email me at littlegale@cascadecarrier.com with your email address so I can invite you.

Shannon said...

OH! That is sooo funny. I love it.

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

Chantel-excluding my name would be nice, thank you