Sunday, June 29, 2008

STRAWBERRY JAM AND A CLEAN KITCHEN

Today after church we grabbed a quick bite to eat through the drive thru and then hurried home. I had strawberries from Friday morning to make into jam and thought I'd get started on some of that deep cleaning. The Jam turned out well and I ran out of jars and lids before I ran out of pectin, strawberries, or sugar. I decided to call it good and clean up.
After a short break my dear hubby helped me by finishing up the dishes and being a go-for. I just did the kitchen tonight and it took me over an hour to do the floor, bottom cupboards, and baseboards. I have a very small kitchen but there was alot of buildup along the edges, in the crevices, and on the baseboards. It took a butter knife to get some of the places and even then I couldn't get all of it. Some of the spots seemed to reappear on the cupboards as soon as they dried. Well after getting the dishes all done and the kitchen cleaned I found a few more dishes. Our cups and a plate and knife from my son's bread and jam snack. Isn't that the story of my life though. LOL As soon as the job is done there's a start to it needing to be done again.

5 comments:

Jules said...

MMMM, that sounds goooood! I know it was a messy project, but I'm sure it will be WELL worth it :)

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Oooh that sounds sooo good right now! Bummer about the mess, thats one of my chores I have to do every once in a while, and it's not one of my favorites, hehe. ;)

Thanks for posting on my blog about the rates for baby-sitting. :)

Marisela said...

Strawberry jam is so jummy. It feels good to have it all done, and everuthing cleaned up

Sis. Leah said...

Hi I am Sis. Leah form Indy. I saw your blog on another sisters sight and thought I would say hi. Sounds like you had an eventful day. The jam sounds soooo good. At least the cleaning is done now and you can enjoy the jam.

Tiffany said...

I have done the same thing with my kitchen floors and cupboards. It can be a little frustrating when you do all that work then as it drys you see the stains come back :(. Oh well though. At least you know its clean :)