Saturday, July 19, 2008

Summer Fun

We are getting ready to go out to Oklahoma.........5 more days and counting. We are so anxious. Its been four years since we've been there. My list of things to do is almost done. For today I need to:
  • Put up the sewing machine, material, patterns ect. (All finished with those summer outfits for this year and feeling a little sad)
  • laundry
  • clean the kitchen
  • sweep and mop floors

Thursday night 5 of us dear sisters went to the Portland airport to pick up Bomshell, a country music group I've never heard of before. We ended up picking up the band and taking them to their hotel in Eugene. I got home about 4am, made my hubby some breakfast, and went to sleep on the couch for about 5 hours. My dear husband and I went to listen to them last night. It seems that country is starting to sound like rock.

Right about the time we were leaving last night they had a singer on that was singing classic country, more our style. Maybe tonight there will be some good ones. Maybe even some of that good gospel music.

Well time to get that list done and go help with the church garage sale........

6 comments:

Sis. Lori P. said...

You had a church garage sale? Bummer, us girls would have sped on over to that... And who in the world is Bomshel? OK, wait, I just looked them up on Google. How'd you get to go pick up a famous country band at the airport? Wow, you girls must have some famous connections! They have a great country harmony...must have been fun to go and listen.

Mrs. Mom said...

Curiosity has the best of me... how'd you all get to pick the group up from the airport?

I hope your vacation is wonderful! Travel safe...

Sis. Connie M. said...

Hey Cyndi, this is Connie. I happen to be at the right coffe shop here in town last week when the organizer of a new country festival here in the metropolis of Brownsvile (imagine that!) was in there. We were talking and I offered to help wherever needed with the festival. I got to be the transportation coordinator. What a blast!! This weekend I have
1.) Missed my honey who was out in OK for Bro. John funeral!
2.) Besides getting Bombshel at the airport,I hung out at Valley River between sound check and set (see I'm even learning the lingo) Introduced them to the Cinnastix and Cinnabon and they are officially addicted!
3.) Yesterday I took a group called Rockie Lynn on the big Brownsville tour. Am hooking back up with them this morning for breakfast before church.
4.) Had barbeque chicken with Jason Meadows and crew.
5.) Had chicken enchiladas with John Micheal Montgomery and crew and Jennifer Lynn and crew.
6.) Today we are picking up Restless Heart and Josh Gracin for there shows and shuttling them around.

I have had more famous people in my car and home this weekend than I ever will again I am sure, but I have learned that they are so just like us with funner jobs!

Sorry Wenona, for such a long post!

Sis. Connie M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sis. Connie M. said...

PS Can you imagine having an event this big and not having a transportation crew set up by the week before? I got my assignements Wed night after church, except for the Bombshel run which they called me about Wed afternoon-the day before they had to be picked up!!! Hence, the sisters all having first dibs on that run!

Sis. Leah said...

I hope you have a good trip. Hopefully you will be able to get everything done that you need to get done. Sounds like you had an eventful night. I think it would be fun to pick up a band, well I guess it would depend on the band. I will keep your family in my prayers for a safe trip.