Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Girl Time

We are very big on spending special time with one another in this house.
So last night I got my youngest daughter bathed, snuggled in a big fluffy towel, and dressed. Then we went into Mommy & Daddy's room for some "Mommy and Me" time..... We snuggled in with a book of her choosing....and read a few stories out of it.
Next I got to comb her hair out while breathing in the strawberry smell of her new shampoo....All the time thanking God for such a precious gift, and asking for guidance. Then she happily trooped off to her room for some more "reading" time and journal writing before "lights out" time.
Next was time with my older daughter. I went in and washed her hair with the new shampoo, gave her finishing instructions, and told her to meet me in my room in 5 minutes........5 minutes went by, and then 5 more, finally we practically had to drag her out of the tub. She will spend an hour in the tub, no joke, without actually cleaning anything. So finally we had some "Mommy and Me" time. Time was short but I still savored the look and feel of her hair as I combed it, parted it, and braided it into 2 cute little braids for bed......all the time talking together
It seems so seldom that I take the time for these little things, and how precious are the moments......

7 comments:

Jules said...

My daughter LOVES spending girl time with me :) And I love it equally. It keeps the mother/daughter bond going. It sounds like you had a great evening getting to spend this time with your daughters. Children are such a blessing!

Sis Stubby said...

I think Me & Mommy time is as good for the mommy as for the child.LOL I know it was for me.

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

Jules & Sis Stubby
It is definately as good for me as them. Just wished I'd find the time more often.

Marisela said...

I love spending mother daughter time with my girls too, but I sometimes find it hard to get one on one time or split it equally, but I try.

Sis. Leah said...

It is so nice that you can have that time with one another. I have three boys and it isn't always easy to get it. They always have other stuff they want to do.

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

sis leah
I know how that is. Hopefully I'll get a chance to take my son to a BMX trail tomorrow. I'm going try and keep it a secret......

Sis. Lori P. said...

Oh how sweet! My 20 year old daughter still asks me to do her hair every once in a while! She is all grown up but she is my dear friend and we are so close. It's a blessing from God! Today in church, my little granddaughter sat next to me and we snuggled while her Pappa was up preaching. I breathed in her sweet fragrance and was also thanking God for such a great blessing to hold my son's daughter so close to me! What a gift!