Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

We were able to have a great weekend with our wonderful brethern. We went to a dual 50th, 25th anniversary. We set in a beautiful meeting. I missed out on most of the testimonies because of our baby (who isn't a baby any more). Mostly the meeting was about living the faith and how that your parents and granparents can't live the faith for you. Also the many examples of our parents, grandparents and older brethern. How there are ones that we say "I want to be like them when I die."
We took my Mom and Dad with us. He wasn't feeling good, hurting alot. Many of the visiting brethern stayed in the same hotel as us. On Saturday night, most, if not all of the brothers went to my parent's room to pray for Dad. He was very cold and shivering when they came to pray. My dad said that when the brother's laid their hands on him to pray for him he could feel their hands bringing warmth to his body. The brothers could tell a difference in that when they got there he was shaking and when they were done praying he wasn't shaking any more.
My dad had a rough ride on Sunday afternoon so we decided to stay a night in Prosser. We called my husbands widowed aunt before hand and requested that she call some of the brothers to come and pray for dad. Right after we got there a brother and sister showed up. Then more showed up. My dad laid out on the floor and requested that we sing. It was beautiful and I could tell that he was feeling some better. My cousin helped dad get ready for bed and then came again early the next morning to pray for my dad.(He'd had a rough night) My dad was then able to get some much needed rest.
We left about 5pm Monday and it seemed that my dad had a better trip. I'm sure that it was through the prayers of the brethren.
My husband and I thought about how blessed we are in his job and in the fact that we are homeschooling our children. God has truly blessed us and allowed us to go among the brethren from time to time. Oh the wonderful treasures we are building in heaven. The foundation we are shoring up for our children.
May God bless and keep you all.

4 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

It was a wonderful weekend, and a beautiful meeting, wasn't it!?!

It is a blessing to have a fairly flexible job, and homeschooled children, allowing you to spend the extra time on the trip home.

I'm glad your dad felt well enough to travel back home. He's in our prayers...

joyful_keeper_at_home said...

Hey Wenona! This is Sis. Audrey, Brad's wife, you know, Travis's cousin? I can't believe I found your blog. Actually, I ran across Tisha's blog, and I didn't really know who she was, and then I saw yours. How cool! I didn't know any of the sisters blogged. And how crazy is that, I think I was looking for Holcomb sisters cds or something when I ran across Tisha's blog. Anyhow, I don't have a blog on here, I use Yahoo 360. But you can email me from my link though. I'd love to hear from you!

Tish said...

We did have a good weekend, didn't we? I sure wish dad could have enjoyed it more, but it was nice that he was able to get some relief after the prayers though. It is a bummer when our children keep us from enjoying meeting to the fullest. It seems like my kids do that all to often. I remember mom told me once that even if we don't get to hear all of meeting; it seems like God will allow us to hear what we need if we have the right heart about it. I've found that to be true.

I noticed when I opened your page that your little section about fall is now true again!

Jules said...

I'm glad you had a good and uplifting weekend