Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sitting Still in Meeting

Our 4 year old has not being doing a good job of sitting still or behaving in church, so.....
One Wednesday night, I said to myself, "Enough is enough!"
So I took the child out, administered a little swat to the bottom, and a talking to, then I laid down the new law, which is that if your bottom gets off the bench, it gets a swat
Needless to say we made many trips out that night
Now on the way to church we rehearse what will happen if #1 you fight Mommy and Dadddy and do not sit on the bench, #2 your bottom gets off the bench
The child remembers the rules very well, as a matter of fact, I was informed that I had left part of it out on the way to church this morning
This morning was a very important morning for remembering the rules, Mama had just enough time to drop the 2 youngest off before going to pick up Dad and brother.
By the time I got back to church, meeting was pretty much over. However I had a very good report of the children. Seemingly they walked up to our bench, sat down, and behaved.
Now isn't that a blessing!

5 comments:

Jackie said...

That sounds like a good rule maybe I will see about teaching my oldest daughter that one.

meNmykids said...

Fabulous! Hope it lasts. Good to hear from you again.

Sis Stubby said...

When my number two son was young I had to take him out for his swat. So on the way out he said ,mind you so loud every one heard,"Momma don't whip me to hard"LOL It was not that funny at the time.Kids you have to love em.

Tiffany said...

That's great! I hope they continue to be good for you in church.

My mom told me that one of the brethren kids said "Pray for me brethren!" as his parents carried him to the crying room to get a swat. Haha Kids can be so funny sometimes =D

Marisela said...

Your kids did good in church last Sunday from what I noticed...it must be working