Thursday, October 23, 2008

All Alone

Isn't amazing how much a song can mean?
Usually in church, I just sing along, not thinking much about the words.
Last night Bro M. started "All Alone" out of the blue book or #1 book as our dear Bishop likes to say. I listened to every word, and took it to heart.
There's been many things on my heart and mind lately. I went to church with a burden to pray and leave things once again with God. I just didn't feel the lead of the Spirit. After that song was sang dear Sis. T. got down and prayed, I heard her refer to the song in her prayer, than I felt the liberty to pray myself.
Last night was a night of prayers only, however I felt such a peace after I prayed. I was reminded of the many times I've been "All Alone" with God, how he's listened, heard, and answered my prayers. Not always giving me the answers I sought, and more often than not getting a reprimand myself, but always he's there.
When my dear hubby and I went to bed last night he told me how that song spoke to his heart. Then I was reminded of how it says, "fasting for the pilgrims in the way" and how that fasting and prayer had been requested and announced for my dear Dad after church.
One simply song started in the spirit spoke to so many. One that I know I've listened to time and time again with no thought.
Thanks to God who knows our hearts and exactly what we need, maybe a little reminder to find that quiet place and be "All Alone with Christ our Lord".

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That so true about songs! Sometimes i find myself just singing and not really reading the words and understanding what its about. We're remembering your father in our prayers here.

With much love,
~Sis.Tiffy

Sis. Lori P. said...

Thank you for your deep thoughts and a reminder to listen to the words of songs. I remember when I was in the world as a young girl and looking around me and wondering if anyone really cared in that church. Thank God he brought me to the faith and to like minded brethren who really care about serving God. Our prayers here are earnestly for your dad and all the other dear suffering brethren.

Tish said...

It is amazing how God can speak to us even through a simple song. It was nice to be reminded by you of the meaning of that song and the times that God has been there for me and whispered sweet peace. It also made me realize that I need a little more one on one time with my God.