Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I was just reading the post I posted for Syble's 9th birthday. She did grow into a beautiful young lady and her last birthday she got to spend in heaven. The Saturday before she passed away we went to my sister's for a family dinner. Syble had a little present for each of her cousins and for Nana as it had been a long time since we saw her. I remember her laughing and playing with her cousins and loving on little Zacheuss. Who would have thought that just a few days later she would be gone.
The loss of Syble left a huge, gaping hole in our lives. The very center of our family was missing. I still remember the physical pain and emptiness in my arms and heart. The ache to hold her once again, close to my heart, to tell her again of my love and joy in her.
I am more thankful today than ever before what God has allowed me in a single glimpse of my children. To have my breathe taken away by their beauty and to fall in love with them again and again, in just a fraction of time. I rejoice in the times we just lived and laughed and loved and had joy. I knew before I ever had children that I did not want to miss out on any little part of them growing up. So I didn't.....
And I will continue to tell my children of God and his great love, to teach them about life and living and joy.  How precious every moment of time is, to make sure and take time to be silly and crazy. To love with all your heart, to laugh often, to forgive much, and above all to have joy....
I know not what lies ahead but as long as there is breathe in my body I will teach my children of these things. I will help them find joy and laughter and brightness in the darkest day. And I pray that they will see and know my God, who brings much joy and happiness and laughter, who comforts the broken hearted. That they will know of a God who can take a heart that has been shattered in a thousand pieces and make it whole again. Bigger and stronger than ever before........
A God that I have cried with often, especially in the last 8 months. One that counts each tear drop, speaks to your broken heart and brings a smile to your face. One that softly whispers, "You can forgive, for have not I forgiven you first."

1 comment:

meNmykids said...

Okay, I know that this is months after you posted (it had been so long that I had not checked your blog for a long time). This brought tears to my eyes. It brought back many memories and touched my heart. I, too want to live and laugh and revel in the joy of God and my family every day. You are so much in our prayers and will continue to be. Love you :)