Saturday, November 1, 2008

Family Pet Laid to Rest

Last night when my oldest daughter went upstairs she noticed that her gunea pig was dead.
She comes down stairs, holding the gunea pig in her usual loving way, tears streaming down her face, wailing.
What a sad day when you lose your first pet.
Needless to say it was a while before we went to bed.
Our oldest was concerned that he had helped in its demise. I guess that my oldest daughter had a little to much help with it's bathing earlier in the day.
Our little 4 year-old's biggest concern was that her basket of candy was to close to the dead gunea pig.
Right before she went to bed we had to assure her that her candy would not be placed next to the gunea pig. Truthfully she really never showed affection for the gunea pig, and was known to torture it a time or two.
Needless to say the 4 year-old was the only dry eyed one in the house.

4 comments:

Jules said...

oh, I feel bad for her, it is always hard to lose a pet.

meNmykids said...

That is so sad. It is hard to lose a pet. Poor girl.

Sis. Leah said...

oh, how sad. i remember when i lost my first pet,(and my second and third). it is hard to lose a pet. but it will get better.

Lori said...

First, thanks for reading and leaving me a comment!! I love comments! I just stopped by and being the animal lover I am, this post caught my eye. So sorry!!