Monday, May 11, 2009

Focus on the Family

My alarm clock is set for 6:30 in the morning to a local Christian radio station. Sometimes it goes off and about half an hour later it filters through to me with some upbeat Christian song. Other mornings Focus on the Family is on and I get to listen to that for about 30 minutes. Each morning that I get to hear Focus on the Family it seems to speak about something dear to my heart, is relevant to something going on with our family, or a current issue we are facing in the world today. I had heard so much about the Miss America runner up but hadn't watched it, heard the question, or response. So this morning she was on there and they played the clip of the question and answer. I truthfully was amazed at how anyone could find fault with her answer. It may not have been the judge's opinion but it was hers. I did not hear any disrespect for the gay community in her answer. Its amazing to me how that the USA is supposed to have freedom of speech and a right to have beliefs and stick to them but...... An opinion!?!
Okay needless to say it gets those old brain cells working in the morning. Sometimes it has to do with an issue or concern we have in the raising of our children. It helps me see where we are going in the right direction or gives me ideas on things to try. It seems that in this day and age when everything is supposed to be accepted and acceptable except for traditional family values it is a good dose of reality.

1 comment:

Trina said...

I have always enjoyed Focus on the Family too. I don't get to listen to it very often anymore, but it has inspired many times!