Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

On Thursday evening before Mother's day my son had some time after his Tae Kwon Do class to make me a "card". He gave it to me as soon as he got home. The perfect Mother's Day gift, a homemade card from my son. It almost made me cry. He wanted to get something more for me and I said that he had already given me the perfect Mother's day gift. On Mother's day he fixed me breakfast. Eggs, well done toast, a small cup of creamer with a little bit of coffee, and even a small piece of egg shell on the rim of the cup. Now these things mean so much to me because I've been waiting all these years for my children to give me gifts from themselves of their own accord.
Last night as I went to bed there was another lovely card on my bed. This time it was made by my #1 daughter who doesn't like to draw or write. The picture was lovely and even though the words were not all spelt write they were well written. I could tell that she had put some thought and time into this lovely card.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

That is too sweet. I think my favorite mothers day gift was the flowers that my daughter made me at preschool out of pipe cleaners and coffee filters. I look forward to the years to come of all the home made gifts they really are the best.

meNmykids said...

I love the sweet cards, they line my wall right now. Breakfast is great and the whole day is wonderful...