Sunday, October 21, 2007

Quince???

Ok, I thought I was done with canning. We live in an apartment so you would think that there wouldn't be anything to can. Wrong!!
Last week I made 3 batches of grape jam, Kettles and Kettles of grape juice, and some relish. I even had to make up 1 1/2 gallons of grape juice to put in the refrigerator because I was out of seals. So Friday night I finished up the grapes and made 3 apple pies for Saturday Market.
At the end of the day on Saturday someone gave me a box of Quince?!? I've never seen them before in my life. When he began to desribe the color of the jelly it made I realized I'd heard of Quince jelly before. So I traded my last pie for a box of Quince. On the way to the car a lady said she'd buy a jar of the jelly next Saturday.
So.........As soon as I'm done typing this blog I shall start on the Quince jelly. After last week, and with Travis' Mom coming this week, I think it's better to get it done and out of the way. hehehe

3 comments:

Barbara Reed said...

It always seems like there's more to do no matter what you are doing. I can never get all the school work done there's always more. I finally stopped canning cause I figured I'll be canning all year. LOL

meNmykids said...

Hope you enjoy his mom. I'm sure the jelly will be fabulous.

Tish said...

I've never heard of Quince jelly. I hope it turns out good. Maybe there'll be a demand for it at Saturday market and you can sell more that just one. I hope you enjoy Sis. Melda too.