Monday, October 15, 2007

Sunday Blessings

Yesterday morning I was awake about 20 minutes before 7. This is not normal for me, especially when I've went to bed after midnight. However I have learned that it is better to get up when I first wake. I'm more tired and have a better chance of a headache if I don't.
When I wake so early in the day I figure their is a reason. There's not many awake that early on a Sunday morning. We had got a call for prayers and then a call for prayers for my dad the night before. My husband couldn't remember the first name of the brother so we'd just prayed for Brother Gray. I thought that since it was to early to check about my dad or call anyone I'd check my email. Sure enough I had an email from a dear friend. It was her brother who'd had the heart attack. I was able to call and talk to her for a few minutes as it was about 9 o'clock where she lives.
I then went to the store to pick up a few things for breakfast and dinner.
In our home on Sunday morning Dad cooks breakfast. Well this Sunday morning I was up early so I thought I'd fix a rare treat of biscuits & gravy. After putting dinner in the crock pot I fixed breakfast. We left early enough to check on my Dad before church. He was doing better and resting. We prayed for him, got to church a few minutes early, and made it to our seats just on time.
At church we heard about some things that had been on my mind. We then went to check on my Dad again and pick up our crockpot. Bro Bill called while we were there and invited us for dinner. We took our food and had a nice dinner. After dinner and a good visit we went to see Sis. Joyce.
She'd been feeling some better but when we got there she had just ate and was hurting. Some of us prayed for her and was able to see her get some relief. We sat around and visited for a little bit. When we left she told me about the importance of prayer and the wonderous work it does. She said that whatever it took to make heaven her home she was willing to endure. Her faith seemed so strong. I'd just been wondering about how I would know that I'd won my crown when the time came.
We then went to Bro. Clifford & Sis Glenda's to pick some grapes. Travis, our older children, Bro Clifford, Brian, Michelle, and their children picked alot of grapes. I got to have a good visit with Sis Glenda.
We dropped a little more than 1/2 the grapes we'd taken off at my parent's. They were pleasantly surprised.
By the time we got home we were tired but uplifted and encouraged for the week ahead.

3 comments:

meNmykids said...

Sounds like a lovely day, wish I could have been there to visit Aunt Joyce and pick grapes. And see Bill. Hope your dad is better.

Tish said...

That does sound like a nice fulfilling day. The kind where you can lay your head down on your pillow at night and not feel like you could have done more. What a blessed day!

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

Gale- My dad is doing better. Sis Joyce looks like she could be blown over by a strong wind, but she's hanging in there.
Tisha-Yes it was a simple but fulfilling day. Seems like I don't have enough of those days when I feel like I couldn't have done more.